Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hospitals.....

If there is one place which I simply hated going. Hospitals would be it. The stench of death is everywhere, a depressing air hangs over the wards, and the fact that no one goes in without a good reason is a good reason for me to avoid hospitals whenever I can.

Unless a friend is warded.

Fengzhi was one of the victims of Dengue fever. Xin Lan scared me to near death yesterday with that MSN IM of hers (Please don't do that again...), saying that Fengzhi was hospitalised. Unfortunately, I had to head over to my Mom's shop first, and so, I could only visit her at a later time, possibily without anyone with me (Not that I mind).

That night was not exactly the best of the nights.

Today, the front page of the HOME section of Straits Times was not exactly the best of them all, with yet another dude passing on with the help of Dengue Fever. However, I was still hoping for the best. Xbox at DTE with my brother after helping out at my Mom's shop was out of question, as I rushed towards Simei MRT station, willing the train to move faster.

Thankfully, I was right.

When I met up with Keith and Lan jie, they said that Fengzhi was in pretty good spirits (Can still talk. XD!) That definately boosted my spirits, as I was in a rather dull mood for the most of the day (I'm always like that when something happened to my friends, and I can do nothing about it).

Joelson came at around 4:30, and so, the two of us took a shuttle bus towards Changi General Hospital.

Once there, I immediately felt something was wrong. The usual air of death and sadness was heavier then usual.

When I reached the floor which Fengzhi was warded, and entered at around 5, I realised why.

Yet another one has moved on. The staff gathered outside the place where they placed the beds, as the dude was moved out.

For someone who has yet to see someone actually pass away, that was incredibily depressing.

However, my mood lightened after I saw Fengzhi.

She was rather cheerful, partially because she was going to be discharged soon (paper work took a few hours? :O). The three of us, with her mother, were all chatting and stuff. No need to disclose everything here, but it's enough to say that Fengzhi had plenty of presents, which is a rather clear indicator as to how huge her circle of friends is. XD.

Some dude called Benedict came, and he was a rather nice guy. We continued chatting till around 6:30 (I was supposed to reach home at 6:30, but screw it), which was the time she was discharged.

I declined the offer for a drink with Fengzhi and her mom, as I needed to go home. However, I was also rather glad to have some fresh air, after inhaling huge amounts of depressment in the hospital. Not that Fengzhi had anything to do with it. That girl was so cheerful, it made the dull rainy day almost like a sunny one. XD

Still, I'll avoid hospitals unless it's totally necessary to head into one.

Visiting a friend is a good reason to visit a hospital.

Especially if the friend is a nice one.

I just hope that I won't have to step into one again though.

--

Met some old classmates, and I must admit that it's been so long, I forgot how good Lin Pin looked. --unknown

HAHAHAHAHA

XD

Enough with my life. I'll talk about something else tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home